Due to API changes, most articles and utilities are out of date for getting a user ID and auth key, useful for utilities like instafeed.js.
Step 1: sign into Instagram Developer
Got to instagram.com/developer
Step 2: Create Register an application
Click your "Register an application and then Register new Client ID
- Application Name:: This can be named anything (sans insta’, ‘gram’, ‘IG’ or ‘Instagram’ )
- Description: Description for personal use
- Company Name: This can be your website or name
- Website URL: URL of the website you intend to place your feed on
- Valid redirect URIs: Used for application after sign in
- Contact email: developer's email
Step 3: Get your user ID
Load instagram feed in question with your developer tools open and run the following command in the console:
(if it doesn't work, hit reload and try again).
Step 4: Get your AuthO Key
There's a few ways but the easiest hands down is going to PixelUnion's utility and using it.