Inaudible Discussion is the minimalist, not-very-personal/typo-ridden/quasi-professional blog of Greg Gant, a
Front End Web Developer User Interface Developer (according my business card) for Emerge Interactive, minority stake holder in Bandon Rain Cider Company, hobbyist digital musician, and once owner of PS2cheats.com and once contractor for two Comedy Central TV shows and Amazon Prime TV Show living in Portland, Oregon.
Topics range from iOS how-tos, Apple/Mac OS X, Audio, hardware hacking, digital politics, design tidbits and sometimes even web development (which is supposedly what this blog is for). Most posts are either how-tos or reviews of obscure software/audi hardware with the ultimate goal of helping other people out. While the content gets super-geeky, my main goal is to keep this blog accessible for less-technical users.
I started my blog in early 2013 using Tumblr (entirely misunderstanding the platform and using it for actual blogging). I moved on after becoming frustrated with the interface after a few changes. Since then, I've migrated to Jekyll, which is also imperfect. In the interest of full-disclosure, I've never been paid a cent to write a word on this blog. All reviews are my own opinions.
I'm not above offers of free stuff or crazy good job offers. ;)
Since I'm not on most social media, I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Daringfireball - Gruber's blog, usually on point with large side dish of Mac Evangelism.
- PixelEnvy - Nick Heer, front-end developer but mostly about Apple / Tech news. Thoughtful.
- Der Flounder - Rich Trouton, Usually OS X geekery, but in a good way.
Friends Who Blog
- Armenian Sketches - A blog by my friend, Clayton Davis, who joined the Peace Corps and landed in Armenia.
- Lucas Bucci On Cuisine - co-worker and friend, Dan Lucas' personal blog on cooking.
Friends in the Brewing Industry
People who I wish were my friends in the brewing industry